** EVENT IS NOT FULL. Join the waitlist to receive your registration link. **
At Instacart, we are proud to celebrate the diversity of shoppers and the vibrancy of the shopper community. To celebrate Hispanic/Latinx heritage month, we are hosting a series of events focused on celebrating and uplifting the voices of the Hispanic/Latinx shopper community!
Join Chef Chris Valdes for an evening of an Empanada cooking extravaganza. Chris will walk the class through how to cook his signature empanadas.
The event will be held at 3:30PM PST // 6:30PM EST.
Be sure to pick up the following ingredients before the class:
Cuban Picadillo Empanadas
- Vegetable oil for frying, as needed
- 8 ounces ground beef (or meat substitute)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, medium dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup raisins
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 24 frozen Empanadas shells, thawed (choose vegan for vegan option)
- 1 whole egg, beaten (or vegan egg substitute)